Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Soul Surfer



Soul Surfer, a movie based on the true story of a young surfer who lost her arm in a shark attack, hits movie theaters on April 8. I have heard a couple of good interviews with people involved in the movie. The family's strong Christian faith and commitment to glorifying God sustained them during this difficult period of their lives. It appears that the movie will accurately reflect their faith in Jesus Christ.

As I have heard the family speak about the experience, I have been reminded of this passage from the Scriptures:

"Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock" (Matthew 7:24-25).

This movie has great potential. I'm looking forward to taking my family to see it.

2 comments:

Warren Baldwin said...

I haven't heard about it until now, but sounds like a great movie.

wb

Terry Laudett said...

I just heard about it last weekend when Mike Huckabee interviewed the young woman whose life inspired the movie on his TV show. It looks like it could be a good one. Thanks, Warren!