Friday, May 01, 2009

How Can I Walk Humbly With God?

"He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God" (Micah 6:8).

In order to walk humbly with my God, I need to ask myself these kinds of questions on a regular basis:

Can I ask for help?
Can I receive help from another person?
Can I accept correction from someone with less education?
Can I learn from someone who is older?
Can I admit that I am wrong?
Can I ask for forgiveness?
Can I grant forgiveness?
Can I accept my circumstances with gratitude rather than irritability?
Can I be supportive of someone who is doing the same job better than I can?
Can I do something good without letting anyone know about it?
Can I do something uncomfortable (but right and necessary) even when I know I could easily end up looking stupid?
Can I face rejection from the world (or even the church) for following Christ's instructions?

No comments: