Sunday, February 11, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day, Janet

"Like a lily among thorns,
So is my darling among the maidens" (Song of Solomon 2:2, NASB).

Janet,

When we first talked over the phone, I recognized the voice of a thoughtful, sensitive, and beautiful woman. We had not yet met each other face to face, but I had already fallen in love with you. The next morning, I told my co-workers that I had talked with the woman I was going to marry. They didn't believe me, but they had not talked with you.

When we met a few days later, you were everything I expected. I saw a beautiful smile. I heard an intelligent and compassionate young woman. I felt the sincerity. I knew that I had been right about you.

In the years since those early days, my love and appreciation of you has deepened. You are special, and I am honored to be your husband.

Happy Valentine's Day, Sweetie!

Love,
Terry

No comments: