Wednesday, July 04, 2007

A Prayer Campaign

"Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops" (James 5:17-18, NIV).

Within the city of Tulsa, two abortion clinics operate, indicating that sufficient demand exists for abortions that two clinics are able to make money by focusing on providing them to the people. I find that to be deeply troubling. Young lives are being taken by the thousands each year. Other lives are being scarred by guilt and remorse by multiple thousands each year.

I would like to see a significant change. Therefore, I am committing to pray daily for...

1. Tulsa's abortion providers to turn to Christ. The doctors and staff of Reproductive Services and Hope Inc. need God's forgiveness and grace. When they turn to Christ, they will turn away from shedding innocent blood and begin to find ways to truly help people.

2. The demand for abortion in Tulsa to dry up. I want to see the demand for abortion become so small that people cannot make money by providing them in our area. This will require a massive change of heart among the people.

I am not seeking to intimidate the abortion providers into closing their businesses. I am not calling for protests or any such thing. I am asking God for something that looks impossible. In a couple of years, I would like see an abortion-free Tulsa and be able to point out that God did the impossible when he answered our prayers.

Will you join me in asking God for an abortion-free Tulsa?

No comments: