Saturday, June 21, 2008

I'm Going to Miss the Contact Church Again, But for a Good Reason!

"Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life" (Romans 6:3-4, NIV).

For members of the Contact Church who may be missing us, we will not be with you again tomorrow. We had planned to return to our normal schedule after vacation, but we need to miss one more Sunday with you. (And we are definitely missing you!)

I received a call from my sister Tina a few minutes ago. Her son Aaron just let her know that he wants to be baptized tomorrow morning at the Southside Church of Christ in Rogers, Arkansas. He has asked that I baptize him, since I baptized his mother (my sister) 20 years ago. How could I say "no" to such a request? So, we will be traveling to Arkansas tomorrow for the celebration of my nephew's new life in Christ!

Hopefully, we will be back with the Contact Church of Christ soon, but I can't think of a better reason to miss you guys!

5 comments:

preacherman said...

Terry,
Congratulations to Aaron!
I am excited about this news and for his new life in Christ.
Wonderful!
I hope you enjoy your vacation brother.
Have fun for us.

Terry Laudett said...

Thanks, Kinney! In addition to my nephew's baptism, another man was baptized at the Southside Church this morning. When we returned home, we had an e-mail informing us that 3 people were baptized at the Contact Church this morning. They were so busy baptizing people that there was no sermon. The baptisms became the sermon. It's been a great day!

Terry Laudett said...

If anyone would like to read a description of what happened at the Contact Church yesterday, please click on the link to Bob and Sarah Logsdon's blog on my blog roll.

jackie chesnutt said...

Terry, it was great to see you guys, as it always is; but, today was very special. Aaron is an exceptional young man; thanks for having such a positive impact on him. I love you.

Terry Laudett said...

Thanks, Jackie! We always enjoy our time with you and the Southside Church.