Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Contact Church's Teen Girls Ministry










This is our friend and fellow Contact Church member Sarah Logsdon's post from http://urbanlogfamily.blogspot.com yesterday:
"It is hard to believe I am really done with teen girls ministry. It has been an unexpected blessing in my life, but it is definitely time to pass it on to someone else. I've been thinking about how much of what I have done has been with Miriam on my hip or sitting on my lap. It's been a struggle, for sure. I feel so blessed that Kaytie is around to continue working with these girls. It makes it much easier to let go. These girls have been (and will continue to be) so special to me. I'm glad I'll be around to see the next steps in their lives.
"The pictures are from our last Tuesday Bible study together. We finished our lessons on sexual purity and gave the girls an opportunity to sign pledge cards, promising to wait for marriage before having sex. Then the girls got to make bead necklaces or bracelets as reminders of this promise. Please pray for their courage in the face of temptation, and for Kaytie as she loves and listens and spends time with these girls.
"Thanks to all of you who have followed this girls ministry and helped in so many ways. Your prayers have been an encouragement. May God bless you as you minister to those in your corner of the world."

2 comments:

Bob, Sarah, and Miriam Logsdon said...

Thanks, Terry, for all your encouragement with the girls' ministry. You have been so good about spreading the word. Thanks for helping share the message about God's love and what He is doing at Contact.

Terry Laudett said...

You're welcome! I was just thinking earlier today how amazing it is to be a part of the Contact Church. I have always wanted to be a member of a church like the Contact Church. And I can barely believe that we have been a part of the church since it was in the planning stages. God has been good to us.