Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Is It Racist to Disagree with President Obama?

Last winter, someone told me that people did not vote for Barack Obama simply because they are racists. He said, "They try to say that it's because of other issues, but you know it's just because he is black." I replied, "Um...I didn't vote for President Obama because I'm pro-life."

It may be hard to believe, but it is possible to disagree with President Obama without considering his race.

"...whoever spreads slander is a fool" (Proverbs 10:18).

2 comments:

Dusty Chris said...

Those same people certainly didn't have problems disagreeing with George W because he was white. I think I am color indifferent...I am like you, Terry, I just disagree with 98.9% of what he is doing with our country.

Terry Laudett said...

Thanks for the comment, Dusty Chris. I hope your family is doing well after a bout with the flu.:)