Thursday, April 05, 2007

Cousins in Haiti

"Whoever heard me spoke well of me,
and those who saw me commended me,
because I rescued the poor who cried for help,
and the fatherless who had none to assist him"
(Job 29:11-12, NIV).

While we were in the process of adopting our son, we were unaware that Janet's cousin, Sherry Watson, was adopting her son, Joshua, from Haiti.

Four years have passed.

Now Sherry and Joshua are preparing to return to Haiti in 2 months, where Sherry will serve as a missionary and a house mom for several children in an orphanage. Janet and I are impressed with their faith and willingness to help the orphans of the Western hemisphere's poorest country. Their trust in Christ has led them to take risks so that others may know him.

Sherry's blog is http://watsonhaiti.blogspot.com. We plan on checking it out frequently.

No comments: