Friday, May 25, 2007

John Piper and Racial Harmony

Three years ago, I read one of the best books that I have ever read, Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper. In it, Mr. Piper challenged his readers to embrace a life-changing, eternal perspective. He challenged us to live to glorify God and to enjoy living for his glory.

John Piper is a pastor of a Baptist Church in Minneapolis. Although I am neither a pastor nor a Baptist, I share his great love for God and respect for the Bible. In addition, we have at least one more thing in common: both of us are white fathers of black children whom we have adopted. (He has a black daughter who was recently baptized, and I have a black son.) When I read his writings or listen to his sermons, they connect with me.

Earlier today, I discovered that we can listen to a 7-part series about racial harmony at his ministry's blog (http://www.desiringgod.org/Blog/) . I have not listened yet, but I know from experience that it will be worth hearing, and that it will glorify God.

No comments: