Thursday, January 22, 2009

On the Anniversary of Roe v. Wade

"Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous--how well I know it.
You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed"
(Psalm 139:14-16, New Living Translation).

On the 36th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion in the United States, I want to honor a couple of special pro-life ministries.

The Contact Life ministry of the Contact Church is an important part of the larger urban ministry. Pregnant young women and girls are receiving good training, wise spiritual counsel, dependable friends, and physical necessities as they begin the process of motherhood. You may read about it at www.contactchurch.net/contact_life.

Christian Services of Oklahoma offers adoption services, foster care, and a maternity home for young mothers who need a home. You may read about it at www.christian-adoption.org.

Both ministries are special to us. Janet and I are members of the Contact Church, and we have adopted through Christian Services of Oklahoma. We appreciate everyone who helps in those great ministries!

No comments: