Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Pro-Life Articles

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well" (Psalm 139:13-14).

World Magazine contains several excellent articles about the pro-life movement in its current issue.

An article about the American pro-life movement of the 19th century can be found at www.worldmag.com/articles/14857. (This was an interesting piece of history which is generally unknown, even in pro-life circles.)

About 15 years ago, the pro-life movement made a conscience shift in its strategy. As a result, the abortion rate in the United States has declined nearly 25%. The story can be read at www.worldmag.com/articles/14862.

A disproportionate number of African American babies die by abortion each year. In recent years, a number of black leaders have become aware of this tragedy. They have begun to work to overcome the problem. The story can be found at www.worldmag.com/articles/14858.

More articles may be found on the magazine's home page. Janet and Christopher have given me a subscription to the magazine as a gift for the past two Father's Days. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a great news magazine from a Christian perspective.

No comments: