Thursday, April 09, 2009

Would You Like to Win a Free Study Bible?


"Let me understand the teaching of your precepts;
then I will meditate on your wonders" (Psalm 119:27).
Earlier this week, a co-worker told a few of us that she had been going to church all of her life, but that she felt like she did not know much of anything about God and the Bible. Then she added, "But I would really like to know."
I called my wife Janet. She went to a local Christian bookstore and bought my co-worker a copy of the Life Application Study Bible (New International Version). We use it as our primary Bible; and we often recommend it to our friends who are looking for a new Bible.
The Life Application Study Bible helps the reader to understand and to apply the Scriptures to life. You will have information about the historical context of a passage and how it fits with other passages in the Bible. You will have several pages of character studies of some of the main players in the biblical narrative. You will have information about some of the cultural practices with which we are unfamiliar in our culture and time. It is an excellent resource for anyone who wants to know the Bible and God a little better.
Now I would like to offer my readers an opportunity to win a copy of the Life Application Study Bible (NIV). If you would like a copy, just leave a comment before 12:01 am on Monday, April 13, 2009. On Monday, we will randomly draw a name from the people who have left comments. After I have announced the name, the winner can e-mail me with mailing information so that we can send the Bible to him or her.
If you would like a copy, you have a great chance of winning.

6 comments:

Ladyowl said...

You two once again have gone above and beyond to help someone else be closer to Our Lord. What a wonderful idea to give another Bible to someone else.

Christy said...

That's a generous offer! I almost feel guilty for how many Bibles I have. I think it's awesome that we live in a country where the word of God is so freely accessible. I have two Bibles in my car that I purchased for the sole purpose of giving away. I'm waiting for the right opportunity.

Anonymous said...

Please don't put me in the drawing for the Bible - just wanted to say that I've bought the Life Application Bible for quite a few people myself and like it a lot.

Terry Laudett said...

Thanks for the comments, everyone! The winner of the Life Application Study Bible is...Ladyowl! We'll get it to you soon.

Ladyowl said...

THANK YOU so much. I will definitely use it to help me become more knowledgeable of God's
Word. Love to All. Ladyowl.

Christy said...

Congrats, Ladyowl!