Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Help for Unplanned Pregnancies

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb" (Psalm 139:13).

Every once in a while, someone will approach me with a question.

"My son's girlfriend is pregnant. What can I do?"

"Do you happen to be looking to adopt another baby? Because I have a friend who is pregnant and doesn't know how she can take care of her baby."

I would like to help anyone who comes to this blog with similar questions.

If you live in the Tulsa area, the Contact Church of Christ can help through our Contact Life ministry (www.contactchurch.net/contact_life). Through this program for new mothers, expectant and new mothers can learn how to care for their new babies. They will receive necessities like baby formula, diapers, baby clothes, maternity clothes, high chairs, and cribs as they learn.

If you live in Oklahoma, Christian Services of Oklahoma (http://www.christian-adoption.org/) can help with adoption. A maternity home is available for women without a safe place to stay.

In addition, some of the organizations affiliated with the Christian Child and Family Services Association (www.ccfsa.org/members.htm) can help with a variety of needs in several states.

You do not need to face your challenges alone. Caring people are willing to help.

2 comments:

Tim Archer said...

To me, this is how Christians need to respond to social problems. We live out the values of the Kingdom. Not just talk about them, complain about what others do, etc. Live our lives following what Jesus taught.

Thanks for showing us a great example of what can be done.

Grace and peace,
Tim Archer

Terry Laudett said...

Thanks, Tim! I try.