Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Kindness of Prayer

"The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective" (James 5:16, NIV).

In October, I started to appreciate the kindness of prayer more than ever before. During that time, I had hernia surgery. I was away from work for most of the month, and I was hurting (especially after the surgery, because I could not keep the pain medication down).

During those days, many people were praying for me...Janet, Christopher, extended family, Contact church members, Jenks church members, co-workers, and others. Those prayers meant a lot to me. I appreciated that people cared enough about me to talk to God on my behalf.

Since then, I have been more serious about extending that kindness to others. I realize that God cares about people, and that he wants me to share that concern when I talk with him.

No comments: