Friday, October 26, 2007

An Interesting Conversation with Christopher

"But everyone will be raised to life in the right order. Christ was first to be raised. When Christ comes again, those who belong to him will be raised to life...But listen, I tell you this secret: We will not all die, but we will all be changed. It will only take a second. We will be changed as quickly as an eye blinks. This will happen when the last trumpet sounds. The trumpet will sound and those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we will all be changed" (1 Corinthians 15:23, 51-52, NCV).

This is the conversation I had with my 4 year old son tonight:

Christopher: "Dad, where is God? Can you show me where he is?"

Me: "We can't see God. He's invisible."

Christopher: "But I want to see him."

Me: "When Jesus returns, he will change us, and then we will be able to see him."

Christopher: "How will he change us?"

Me: "I don't know, but we will be like Jesus. We'll be able to see God."

Christopher: "Will I still be black?"

Me: "I don't know what color we will be."

Christopher: "I hope I'm not dark white."

Me: "I like your color just like it is."

Christopher: "I like your color, too, Dad."

I never know where our conversations are going with a 4 year old, but it's a fun trip.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like christopher! he sounds like a sweetheart.

Terry Laudett said...

He is. But not all the time, of course:)

Bob, Sarah, and Miriam Logsdon said...

Out of the mouth of babes...! Thanks for sharing that, Terry. It made me teary-eyed. What a good, kind boy you are raising. We love you guys, Sarah

Terry Laudett said...

Sarah,
Thanks! And thanks for being his Bible teacher at church!