Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Three Men

"Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong" (1 Corinthians 16:13, NASB).

As someone who enjoys the TV series 24, I found the article at http://www.cbmw.org/Blog/Posts/Considering-Three-Pictures-of-Manhood-James-Bond-Jason-Bourne-and-Jack-Bauer to be an interesting piece. I have enjoyed James Bond movies. (However, some of them---like Pierce Brosnan's first---were so outrageous that I laughed all the way through them. I had to be told afterwards that it was not a comedy. Actually, Austin Powers' parodies of the Bond movies are so funny because he does not need to exaggerate much.) I have never seen the Bourne movies. However, I was addicted to 24 and Jack Bauer's character after only one episode. Who could help but admire a selfless, courageous, and responsible man taking on the worst people in our world on behalf of his family, friends, and country?

2 comments:

preacherman said...

Great post!
I hope you have a blessed week.
Kinney Mabry

Terry Laudett said...

Thanks, Kinney!