Friday, October 24, 2008

The Real McCoy

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him" (Colossians 3:17).

While reading USA Today earlier this week, I came across a column about Tim Tebow's choice for the Heisman trophy. As last year's winner, Mr. Tebow has a vote in this year's contest. Since Tim Tebow is well known for his devotion to Christ, I was interested in his vote and the reasons behind it.

Tim Tebow will be voting for University of Texas quarterback Colt McCoy this year because of his accomplishments on the football field as well as his demonstrated Christian character. (For Tim Tebow, character counts as much as athleticism.)

As an Oklahoman, I knew little about Colt McCoy. We are not big fans of the University of Texas north of the Red River, of course. So I searched the Internet for more information about Colt McCoy, and found a great article about him at http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=jn-mccoy101708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns.

After reading the article, I understood Tim Tebow's endorsement of Colt McCoy for the Heisman trophy. I also began to hope that Mr. McCoy would be drafted by the Indianapolis Colts so that he could play for Coach Tony Dungy in the NFL. I believe they would enjoy working with each other. Besides, wouldn't it be appropriate that Colt McCoy play for the Indianapolis Colts, my favorite NFL team?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got to church with his relatives here in Brownwood.

Terry Laudett said...

They have good reason to be proud of him. Thanks for the comment, Wes!